1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF and prepare an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick baking spray
and parchment paper.
2. In a small pot over medium heat, combine the butter, honey, and sugar together until
fully melted and smooth. Remove from the heat.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl with electric beaters, whip the
eggs on high speed until lightened in colour and fluffy. This should take approximately
4. With the mixer or beaters on low, slowly pour in the melted mixture from step 2. Mix
5. Add in the cocoa powder and mix on low until fully combined. Scape down the edges
of the bowl with a spatula when needed.
6. Add in the flour, cornstarch, salt, xanthan gum (if using), and baking soda and again mix
7. Spread the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan with an offset spatula. Top with
chopped mini eggs.
8. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes
out with moist crumbs. The edges should be set but the center should appear slightly
9. Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool in the pan before slicing into 16 squares.
10. Store any leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 7 days or frozen for up to 6 months.
Note: This recipe can easily be made with regular flour. Simply swap the gluten-free flour blend
with all-purpose flour. Omit the xanthan gum if you are using regular flour or if the gluten-free
flour blend already contains it.