1. In the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, combine the orange juice, milk, honey, and instant yeast. Gently stir together.
2. Add in the flour, eggs, butter, and salt, and with the hook attachment or a large wooden spoon combine on low until a rough dough forms.
3. Turn the mixer up to medium-high and allow to knead for 5-6 minutes. If kneading by hand, turn the dough onto a well-floured surface and begin to knead. The dough
should be a bit tacky but not sticky.
4. Place the dough into a large well-oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise for 1 hour. Combine all of the filling ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix together until well combined and smooth.
ORANGE HONEY FILLING
1. Combine all of the filling ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix together until well combined and smooth.
2. When the dough is done rising, roll it on a lightly floured surface into a 24×12 inch rectangle.
3. With a spoon, spatula, or butter knife cover the dough with the filling mixture.
4. Starting with the shortest side, roll the dough tightly into a cylinder-type shape. Cut into 12 even rolls.
5. Prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with non-stick baking spray and place the cinnamon rolls into the pan.
6. Cover the rolls with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and allow them to rise for another 30 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and bake the cinnamon rolls for 30-35 minutes or until the tops are a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes while the icing is prepared.
CREAM CHEESE ICING
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the cream cheese and butter and mix on high for approximately 1 minute until light and fluffy.
2. Add in icing sugar and orange juice and mix on low until combined. Turn the mixer up to high and allow to mix for another minute until smooth.
3. Spread the cream cheese icing over the cooled cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Store leftover orange cinnamon rolls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. These orange cinnamon rolls are best enjoyed when warm. Heat them in the
microwave until warm.
TIPS - Dairy milk, butter and cream cheese can be used.